The Library is offering a free workshop on using Ovid to research health topics. Come learn from our expert guest Glen McApline, training manager at Ovid.The workshop is Wednesday, October 1, at 12:00 PM in GB 116B. The workshop will cover basic Ovid research (12:00-1:00) and advanced Ovid research (1:00-2:00).
What is Ovid?
Ovid is a single interface to multiple health sciences databases and full text resources, including books and journal articles. You can use an Ovid database to conduct research on a topic and find relevant journal articles or books.
The Library subscribes to the following Ovid databases:
- ADU Full Text Journals
- ADU eBook Collection
- The Joanna Briggs Institute for Evidence-based Practice Database
The basic workshop includes:
- Browsing books & journals
- Keyword searching
- Getting full-text articles
- Applying limits to narrow your search
- Printing, emailing, and exporting results
- Searching in advanced search mode
Don't miss this opportunity to learn valuable research skills from an Ovid expert